Our process adheres to the CFP® Board of Standards, Inc.* six-step protocol:
Our Comprehensive Suite of Services Include:
- Statement of Current Financial Condition – Establishment of current and future financial goals with an assessment of overall current financial condition
- Current Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Analysis – Review/analysis of all current sources of income and liabilities; assessment of positive/negative cash flow; surplus deployment strategies
- Investment Review of Current Investment Accounts – Analysis of overall asset allocation as well as analysis of individual investment holdings; review of investment account structure, efficiencies and effectiveness; Investment advice on: Equities, Fixed Income Instruments, Mutual Funds, Exchange-traded and Index Funds, REITS, Unit Investment Trusts.
- Retirement Income Planning – Consideration and analysis of all sources of income during retirement (aka “buckets”); guidance on proper retirement income needs funding; Social Security review/counsel
- Stock Options Analysis (if applicable) – Incorporation of options planning into overall financial goals and strategies
- Educational Planning – A review of educational funding resources and appropriate tools necessary to achieve and fund those financial needs
- Business Succession Planning – including business valuation provided by Principal National Life
- Post-Divorce Planning – Financial restructuring and guidance in coordination with divorce settlement decree/agreement
- Risk Management Analysis – portfolio analysis of any life/disability/long-term care policies current in place or a review of needed risk management strategies
- Estate Planning Review – Courtesy review of current estate plan and coordination of any desired/needed changes by the Client with legal counsel of said Client
- “Stress Testing” of Asset Base – Analysis of the consequences of a disability, pre-mature death or longevity risk
- Recommendations and Implementation Guidance – Coordination of the implementation with the Client of all Recommendations as agreed upon by both parties
Benefits of Utilizing a Formal Financial Planning Process Include:
- Client First approach
- Process oriented, NOT product driven
- Risk Management
- Identify potential risks
- Implement strategies to eliminate or neutralize the risks
- Higher probability of success
- Maximization of your control
- Confidence in achieving your financial goals
*Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. owns this certification mark in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete the CFP® Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.
Unfortunately, anyone can label him or herself as a “financial planner.” CFP® certification demonstrates a deep knowledge and commitment to personal financial planning. More and more consumers seeking financial planning help are looking for planners of an exceptional quality who adhere to the highest standard.
As a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional, Todd K. Meador follows the strict protocols dictated by the CFP® Board of Standards, Inc. Also, to have gained this differentiating designation, Todd passed a rigorous 10-hour, two-day exam. To maintain such designation, Todd must complete ongoing continuing education requirements.
To show his commitment to the clients he serves, Todd attends the annual national conference of the Financial Planning Association. This allows Todd to maintain his knowledge base and keep abreast of cutting edge planning techniques, potentially impactful legislation being considered by Congress and new software tools that provide clients with a clear cut understanding of their current and future financial structure.